Red wine has long been thought to be good for heart health. Believe it or not, the alcohol and certain substances in red wine called antioxidants may help prevent heart disease by increasing levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and protecting against artery damage. One might ask, "How does alcohol help the heart?" Studies have shown that moderate amounts of all types of alcohol benefit your heart because it raises HDL and reduces the formation of blood clots.
Red wine contains antioxidants that help prevent heart disease, protecting arteries and blood vessels. Red wine contains resveratrol, which may activate genes that slow cellular aging. Here are 12 other amazing health benefits from drinking red wine:
- Your heart will be healthier.
- You will lower the bad cholesterol (LDL).
- You'll reduce your risk of certain common cancers.
- It'll help you with weight loss.
- Your dental hygiene will improve.
- Regulation of your blood sugar will improve.
- Your bone density will increase.
- You'll digestion will improve.
- You'll fight age-related memory loss.
- You'll lower your risk of getting the common cold.
- Your skin will glow more.
- It'll help you you to relieve stress.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF WINE
- Red wine is high in antioxidants
- May prevent cancer (colon, breast)
- May reduce depression over time
- May prevent dementia
- Improves lung function