Apple and IBM’s MobileFirst for iOS initiative has added four new enterprise healthcare apps through the iOS platform for iPhone and iPad
The IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps is designed to deliver unprecedented support that allows hospitals and home-based healthcare workers to coordinate patient care and reduce costs for everyone. IBM plans to provide more details about these four healthcare enterprise apps at the upcoming HIMSS15 conference later this month
Healthcare Enterprise Apps
These four new apps are designed to enable clinicians to optimize their workflows to deliver the best patient experience and highest quality care.
1. Hospital RN
- Frees staff nurses from multiple pagers and phones
- Gives them the ability to access any patient’s records from anywhere in the hospital
- With iBeacon technology, Hospital RN accurately identifies patients by location so nurses can easily access their records and provide appropriate care
- Has push notifications for patient requests, lab status, safety alerts, and prioritized task lists for immediate disposition.
- Gives nurses the power to spend less time tracking down information and more time caring for patients.
2. Hospital Lead
- Has all the information charge nurses need right at their fingertips.
- Has push notifications to deliver escalated tasks efficiently, so they can be assigned to a staff member with a tap.
- Has prioritized task lists which allow issues to be reported, delayed, delegated, or marked complete.
- Intuitive dashboard combines multiple hospital databases into a single view, which makes complex actions like patient discharges easy.
- Hospital Lead and iPad bring mobility and new decision-making power to charge nurses, making caseload management more efficient than ever.
3. Hospital Tech
- Keeps nurse technicians closely connected to their care teams, so patient tasks are handled quickly and safely
- Provides a real-time view of lab status, safety alerts, patient requests, and delegated tasks by accessing the hospital’s systems of record so nurse technicians always know exactly where to go and what to do.
- When shifts change, the next nurse technician is has all information readily available.
- Brings patient data together seamlessly
4. Home RN
- Helps nurses deliver great quality of care outside the hospital.
- iPhone and iOS make it easy for nurses to add photos, videos, text, and audio notes to the patient’s record.
- Has push notifications which can be delivered to the patient’s care team to make the sharing progress simple and fast.
- Location-based services built into iOS help nurses find patients’ homes and nearby pharmacies, urgent care centers, and labs.
- Provides a whole new way to deliver home health care without all the paperwork
- Both the nurses and patients benefit from a faster, more efficient process, which even helps reduce readmissions.