Our bodies seek to achieve a sense of balance on a daily basis. Reaching this goal is essential for optimal energy and well-being throughout the day. If we don’t reach that goal each day, we often slowly begin to see issues arise such as digestive problems, weight gain, infections and illness, more stress and moodiness, and low energy. Over a long period of time without balance, hormonal imbalance and chronic disease can develop.
1. Iced Green Tea: Green tea boosts metabolism and shuts down fat storage genes. Swap the iced coffee an iced version of this refreshing beverage. You'll start slimming down immediately. Research in Japan revealed that antioxidant levels found in green tea inhibit the body's ability to absorb fat by 20%. Those who drank green tea have 20% less body fat than those who drank none.
2. Oat Bran. Oat bran is rich in fiber and helps lower cholesterol.
3. Chia Seeds. Chia seeds are packed withomega-3 fatty acids, iron, protein, B12, calcium, and potassium.
4. Cinnamon. Can help stabilize your blood sugar, which helps you control your weight by slowing digestion, and reducing hunger. May also lower LDL.
5. Goji Berries. Goji berries contain fatty acids and B vitamins, which are essential to keep your energy up and relieve stress. They are also rich in vitamin A, which helps keep vision strong. Great immune system booster.
6. Small Tomatoes: Lycopene is one of the most imporant ingredients and boosts immunity, protecting our skin against sun damage. Tomatoes have this unique supernutrient which is a powerful immune-system booster and fighter of inflammation. Studies show that a diet rich in this nutrient can decrease the risk of many cancers including prostate cancer, stomach, skin and lung cancers.
7. Kiwi: Because of the vast amount of omega-3s and chlorophyll nutrients, kiwis are one of the few fruits high in heart healthy fatty acids. Green fruits like kiwi get their color from chlorophyll which helps with the formation of new blood cells and the assimilation of magnesium and calcium. It also helps to create more alkaline body environment which reduces inflammation.
8. Blueberries: Vitamin C and Resveratrol are superpowers in and of themselves and blueberries are full of them. They actually shrink belly fat and turn off fat genes. A recent study from Texas Women's University researchers fed mice 3 daily servings of berries and decreased the formation of fat cells by up to 73%. Another study out of University of Michigan found that rats who had berry powder mixed into their meals had less abdominal fat at the end of 90 days than those on a berry-free diet.
9. Bean dip: Beans are full of soluble fiber and folate which shrink unwanted belly fay. Swap out onion dip for bean dip at your next gathering. Beans and lentils as well as whole grains like oatmeal and quinoa are among the best sources of soluble fiber. A recent study from the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center found that for every 10-gram increase in soluble fiber eaten per day, abdominal fat was reduced by 3.7%.
10. Grass-Fed Burgers: Full of CLA, vitamin E and protein, grass fed burgers reduce abdominal fat. A type of protein found in the blood called Serum albumin in grass-fed burgers is essential for moving fluids and nutrients between the blood steam and body tissues. Eating enough lean protein is the key to keeping those blood albumin levels up.