Our bodies seek to achieve a sense of balance on a daily basis. Reaching this goal is essential for optimal energy and well-being throughout the day. If we don’t reach that goal each day, we often slowly begin to see issues arise such as digestive problems, weight gain, infections and illness, more stress and moodiness, and low energy. Over a long period of time without balance, hormonal imbalance and chronic disease can develop.
We are exposed to toxins daily and unfortunately it's very difficult to avoid this within our society’s environment. When these toxins build up, our bodies have an even harder time maintaining a healthy state. Luckily, there are a number of superfoods that can keep our bodies balanced. Superfoods have tons of antioxidants which are essential in fighting disease. Antioxidants also help keep us looking and feeling young. Who doesn’t want that?
Here are eight powerful superfoods that can help boost your energy:
1. Coconut Water. Low in calories and has tons of electrolytes. Coconut water is a natural hydrator for the body. It also helps to balance the body’s pH level which can help keep your skin clear.
2. Kale. A powerful, leafy green antioxidant that helps fight infection and is an excellent detoxifier for your liver. Kale is rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, iron and calcium.
3. Stevia. An excellent all-natural alternative to artificial sweeteners (like Splenda and Sweet and Low). Stevia is calorie-free and does not cause your blood sugar to jump like artificial sweeteners do. This can help control your weight by preventing that craving of sugar caused by regular sweeteners.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar. This is a good cleanser for the digestive tract as it promotes digestion. Apple cider vinegar works to replenish the body’s alkaline levels, which then restores hormonal balance.
5. Oat Bran. Oat bran is rich in fiber and helps lower cholesterol.
6. Chia Seeds. Chia seeds are packed withomega-3 fatty acids, iron, protein, B12, calcium, and potassium.
7. Cinnamon. Can help stabilize your blood sugar, which helps you control your weight by slowing digestion, and reducing hunger. May also lower LDL.
8. Goji Berries. Goji berries contain fatty acids and B vitamins, which are essential to keep your energy up and relieve stress. They are also rich in vitamin A, which helps keep vision strong. Great immune system booster.