- Powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- It's been shown to be antimicrobial, antifungal and play a role in inhibiting the proliferation of cancer cells.
- Turmeric is best absorbed when paired with a fat, which makes it perfect to cook with.
- Known to be anti-inflammatory, metabolism booster and cancer fighter.
- Research suggests that the capsiates (or non-spicy substances) found in many pepper varieties target a variety of pathways involved in cancer development and inflammation.
- Exceptionally high antioxidant content.
- Research suggests that adding a mixture of herbs, including oregano, to meat can reduce the formation of oxidative stress markers that naturally occur with cooking.
- This is important because those markers are known to play a role in the formation of carcinogenic and atherogenic forming compounds.